Rev. S. E. Ware succeeded Rev. Harris as pastor in 1941 and served until 1944. Rev. Ware came from Pittsburgh where he was on the ministerial staff of Central Baptist Church. He was a dynamic personality and during his tenure, the sanctuary and parsonage were remodeled. A new spirit of giving was created and many new members were added to the rolls.
Mrs. Ware was an accomplished musician who worked with the Senior Choir and singing group know as the Treple Clefs. An excellent teacher of voice, she contributed much toward the cultural enrichment of the community.