Pilgrim Baptist Church
Jolly Seniors Community Council
To enhance the life of seniors in our community by providing an opportunity for them to get out of their homes, to find an outlet for fellowship and enable them to share their skills and knowledge with youth and other seniors.
Meetings are held at on the First and Third Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Join us for lunch, special guest, birthday celebration, fellowship and lots of FUN!!
Our purpose is to:
- To support seniors in their efforts to be more active and aware, to become more knowledgeable and connected with their surrounding community.
- To view seniors as assets to their community, to identify the skills, experience, and knowledge they have to share.
- To explore new and better ways for the community to receive the contributions seniors and others have to offer within the community.
- To educate seniors about the various ways they can be taken advantage of by people and business trying to exploit, trick or frighten them; to develop some “self-defense” skills against these predators.
- To promote healthy activities and provide useful health information
- To provide up-to-date information about programs and policies that affect seniors (such as Medicare, insurance, banking information, tax changes, etc.)
For more information, please contact Ms. Gladys Brewton at (651)227-3220.